Update as of September 2021: We have paused in-person skills sessions for the season to focus on our personal coaching clients. We will resume skills next year!
Learn new techniques in a safe, progressive manner with private skills instruction.
As experienced skills instructors, we help athletes more fully understand the mechanics of cycling through one-on-one instruction. We work with road cyclists, triathletes, and mountain bikers from novice to advanced. Our trained eyes quickly identify areas of improvement, offering rapid results in short periods of time. Topics may include: shifting, braking, bike handling, cadence, pedaling efficiency, body position, climbing, descending, technical riding, and group riding.
Skills sessions are conducted Monday through Friday from March through October in Central Park. The fee is $125/hour.
To schedule your session, send an email artofcyclingnyc [at] gmail [dot] com with the following:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- Type of session requested (road cycling, mountain biking, gravel, commuting, triathlon)
- Relative cycling experience (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- Preferred day(s) of the week
- Preferred time of the day (morning, mid-day, afternoon)
- Make and model of your bike
- Tell us briefly about your experience with cycling and what you would like to learn during your session.
Please review our policies and sign our waiver prior to your session. Thank you!